Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Elusive Slumber

It's almost 2:30 am on Wednesday. Since Sunday afternoon, I've had about 2 hrs sleep, cumulative. I find very few things more exasperating. I've cleaned & decorated my apartment. I've done heaps of filing & organizing. I've watched nearly all of Scrubs season 1 online.

I got my car back today, 2 weeks after the accident. It could have been a write off, but my preference was to have it fixed, so fix it they did. The damage was a lot higher than I thought it would be, so I'm happy to know that my car's market value is a little better than I thought. The whole ordeal was relatively painless (overlooking a few sore muscles and a possible mild concussion). My adjuster has been good and insurance hooked me up with nice ride in the meanwhile...2007 Nissan Sentra. I'm a fan of the foreign cars.
















I'm actually now on a brief vacation. This week had the last available vacation days for the year. So I was off tonite, and we had a Christmas party with the girls from the MW office. Paulette hosted, so I was able to bring everyone downstairs to see my place. No longer working there, I miss them all tons, so it was good to have them here and laugh and just enjoy hanging out.


































The plan for the rest of my little vacation is to head to Halifax midday tomorrow...er, today...and hang out with the parents for a few days. This requires some quantity of sleep, however, so we will see how that goes.

Got my Christmas tree on the weekend. Even standing in a grocery store parking lot, it feels like such a Christmas-y activity.









































I hear Wal-Mart here is opening 24 hours for the next couple of weeks. To a normal person it perhaps seems ridiculous, but this could work well in my world. I'm about 50% done of my shopping, so I'll likely head there after work sometime to avoid the crowds and the parking madness.

Apparently they just hired a pile of new people at work, so it's looking hopeful that February's schedule could be better.

That's about all I've got right now. 3:23. Aarrgh. Maybe I should head to Wal-mart for some Unisom.

6 Comments:

At December 14, 2006 1:20 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you haven't been able to sleep, Snaud... how frustrating! I am glad, however, that it meant you got to finish decorating your apartment and FINALLY pictures have been posted! It's a very cute place. I love the hardwood floors. And yes, I noticed the picture from Santorini on the stairway shelf. Ahhhh... such fond memories. :)

I've moved into my new place too - last weekend. Not the condo, the new rental. The day after I moved into the city, near a metro for the first time in three years, wouldn't you know it, MY CAR DIED! And unlike you, I don't miss it one bit. It's like a whole new world has opened up to me. I walked to the grocery store this weekend for flour. I started taking the metro to work. I think I'll adjust to this city life thing just fine... :)

Anyway - love the apartment. The tree is cute too. Thanks for posting!

-M

 
At December 14, 2006 3:16 a.m., Blogger matthew said...

I appluad your night-time efficiency. I haven't been able to sleep before 4am in a long while, but i don't get very much accomplished at all! :)

 
At December 15, 2006 1:40 a.m., Blogger sibbie751 said...

M - What timing! I think I'd enjoy a metropolitan lifestyle. I love my car amongst cars in general, but I'd love to not need one at all. I'm actually less than 1 km from work, so I may walk back and forth with a better schedule. BTW, how far is it for you to drive to Boston?

Mr. 94 - The efficiency was good for the first couple of days, but I then I entered a somewhat zombie-like state. Except an emotional zombie. Folding laundry seemed to be a huge task. Anyways, last night around 12:30 (after 81 hours without more than 20 minutes of sleep at a time) I fell fast asleep. My travel plans got postponed one day, but I'm now in Halifax. :-)

 
At December 15, 2006 10:37 a.m., Blogger Krystle said...

Good to know that you made it! And got some sleep too!

 
At December 15, 2006 5:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

This isn't really related to what you posted, but I wanted to let you know I like your hair ;) I still think of you with long hair...I guess it's been a while!! It looks really nice short.

Anyhoo...Hope you and your family have a great Christmas!

monica

oh and I like the apartment. looks like a nice spot!

 
At December 16, 2006 7:17 a.m., Blogger sibbie751 said...

Thanks, Mon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home