Friday, February 29, 2008

annual report

I've known that it's been a long time since I've posted anything, but I just realized it's actually approaching a full year. So perhaps a teeny big of blog activity might be in order.



The last 12 months have been interesting, to say the least. A few curve balls have come my way, a chain of events of which I understand only a fraction. It would be a lie to say that I'm not still confused and frustrated. Just when I thought it was impossible to be further disillusioned, guess what? It isn't! Anyways, as Gump would say, "That's all I've got to say about that." I must keep within my tagline - all the Snaudrey that's fit to print.



So what's new? Everything! New apartment, which I'm loving. It suits me very well, the landlords are amazing, and the best physical aspect of the place is the "yard" (it seems a far inadequate word...perhaps estate? acreage?) which I have yet to see in all it's glory. Come spring, come summer, I may find I have an outdoorsy side buried within. It seems like it will take forever for the snow to go away, but at least for the time being allows me to investigate the various tracks outside my door and imagine what creatures visit me while i'm unaware.



Job...new! Still with FHR, but now in an admin position, working primarily with our travel agent education and loyalty program (http://www.fairmontfamous.com/). I don't know that I want it to be my final destination with Fairmont, but I'm really enjoying it for the time being.



In other new developments...the sibs have come to town! Actually, it's been about six months since Tim & Aneke started calling Moncton their city of residence, but most of these things are old news in real time. In the past, my brother and I have not been the closest of siblings. Not candidates for Judge Judy or anything, but we mostly co-existed. Over the past six months, I've seen my relationship with him & Aneke become something completely unexpected and they are my most frequent hang out buddies. Shout out to the sibs!



What else? Well, my job has afforded me the opportunity to expand my personal frontiers of travel. Visited Vancouver/Seattle in late October for educational purposes. But don't get me wrong, exhausting amounts of fun were had despite the fact that it was a business trip. I absolutely loved it! Then in early December I packed my bags again and ventured out, this time with the rents in tow, for the middle of the Pacific. Yep, Maui. Beautiful. Had a blast, despite the lack of co-operation from mother nature. We had a tropical storm like they'd not seen in two decades or so, which resulted in a loss of power for a couple of days, and also the cancellation of many activities we had planned. It would have been nice if everything could have gone as planned, but we figured there wasn't anything to be done but make the best of it and that we did. And it was still an amazing trip!



I guess that's most of what's new. Will I post again before March 2009? We'll see. I'm non-committal at this point. :o)


2 Comments:

At March 02, 2008 11:46 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

wow- you posted! Nice to read it!
I'll have to try and sneak of peek of you before next March! :)
Maui sounds good right about.... NOW!

 
At April 02, 2008 4:30 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Maui does sound beautiful Kristi. I miss seeing you around! It's been way too long! Hope all is well and that I'll be able to at least read a post before 2009.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home